What To Expect At World Architecture Festival 2018 RAI Amsterdam ⇒ One of the most coveted design events is World Architecture Festival 2018 and this year, it will take place on the 28 – 30 November at the RAI Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and this year is the largest to date. CovetED Magazine previews the main highlights that await for you in just a couple of months.
⇒ Subscribe our Newsletter and be up-to-date with CovetED Magazine ⇐
The World Architecture Festival is where the world architecture community meets to celebrate, learn, exchange and be inspired. It is the only architecture event where keynote talks from the industry’s most influential figures sit alongside live crit presentations and judging of over 500 award finalists, global networking, a 500 project strong gallery and an international product exhibition.
As already said, WAF 2018 will happen on the 28 – 30 November at the RAI Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and this year it will be the largest edition of all times. With more award finalists to see, more presentations and prizes to be received, more delegates to network and more activity to fill up your festival calendar, make sure you enjoy everything on offer! From presentations in the crit rooms, to conference sessions, to exclusive Amsterdam tours, plus multiple social events, here is a quick guide to some of the “can’t miss” activity taking place at WAF 2018.
»Take a look at the 2018 Programme:
- WORLD LEADING KEYNOTES & CONTENT: Participants will learn from the world’s most influential architects and commentators in seminars across three days and across two stages.
- LIVE CRIT PRESENTATIONS: Hear from industry peers as the finalists present live to our panel of international jury across three days of live judging.
- AMSTERDAM TOURS: WAF’s exclusive tours will open up new Amsterdam perspectives by presenting cutting-edge spaces and hard-to-find architecture gems.
- FESTIVAL HALL STAGE: Festival Hall talks will focus on working globally, cutting-edge technology and innovative materials, as well as hosting exclusive sessions with WAP prize winners.
- THE ARCHITECTURE DRAWING PRIZE: Brought to you by Make, Sir John Soane’s Museum and WAF, this prize recognizes the continuing importance of hand drawing but also embraces the creative use of digitally produced renderings. The finalists’ drawings will be showcased at WAF.
- CLOSING GALA DINNER: The ABB & Busch Jaeger Judges’ Lounge is exclusively for speakers and judges. A space to relax and network, lunch and refreshments will be served throughout the festival.
- MATERIAL DISTRICT POP-UP: Under the new name Materialdistrict Pop-up (formerly Material Xperience On Tour), browse from carefully selected, innovative materials from 100 material brands all over the world. Visitors will marvel at the unique materials exhibition and presentations of 12 renowned material brands live on show in the pavilion.
- AREA AWARDS: The Architecture Review Emerging Architecture awards will return this November to the annual World Architecture Festival in Amsterdam, for a special 20th edition of the awards. Launched in 1999, the AREA awards grant early recognition to young designers and celebrate the architectural stars of tomorrow.
Book now your ticket ⇒ here.
INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT: ASICS CREATION STUDIO IN BOSTON
BEST DESIGN PROJECTS: THE ONE 57 HIGH-RISE BUILDING BY DRAKE/ANDERSON
♦ CovetED Magazine Presents the First Issue of Secrets from Portugal ♦
♦♦ Feel free to share your thoughts in this article and come celebrate design with us! For more trends and information follow and subscribe to CovetED Magazine! Follow us on our social networks: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google plus | Linked In ♦♦
Source: World Architecture Festival