Marilyn Monroe would turn 89 years old on Monday, 1st of June, if she were still with us. She died on August 5th in 1962 from a drug overdose and her death was mourned by the entire world. In XXI century her star shines hotter and brighter than ever and we can find he image on almost everything from T-shirts to mugs. Back then very single photographer was dreaming to work with her.
The collectors are buying for crazy prices all that’s left of her, for example, in Julien’s Auctions in December 2014 her favorite overcoat that she worn in mid 1950s was auctioned for 1,73,000 U S Dollars, or the black velvet dress sold for 95,000 U D Dollars. We can go on and on through the collections of rare and vintage photographs through the cosmetic products she was using, like Chanel’s no.5.
See as well : CHANEL’S HAUTE COUTURE SHOW IN PARIS
For this special occasion we prepared some photos and lesser known facts from the life of this Hollywood sensation.
- As a child she was living in an orphanage and had 11 sets of foster parents, after her mother – Gladys – was institutionalized.
- Norma Jeane Baker was married three times : to Jimmy Dougherty (1942-1946) at the age of 18, to Joe DiMaggio (1954), and to Arthur Miller (1956–1961).
- She was famous for singing the song “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend” but she didn’t even like diamonds! All of her jewellery was a costume jewellery with one exception – a string of pearls given to her by Joe DiMaggio.
- After marrying Miller, she converted to Judaism.
- She was one of the first women to own a production company : Marilyn Monroe Productions, which released only one movie : The Prince and the Showgirl in 1957.
- She was born Norma Jeane Mortenson but baptized Norma Jeane Baker. She legally changed her name to Marilyn Monroe in March 1956.
- Blond is her business card color, but it is not natural. She was born a brunette.
- Marilyn has often asked her photographer to take photos only of the right side of her face. She thought that her right side looked better than her left side.
check out also : DIOR’S BEAUTIFUL GARDEN OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS
Without a question she is now more loved, worshipped and adored than she was during her lifetime. She is the woman who is quoted on t-shirts and posters, just as if she never left.
Don’t forget to leave a comment bellow!
Get social * Follow us
Subscribe our magazine
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google plus