CovetED made an exclusive interview with Yana Molodsova, She talk with us about several subjects like her job, her projects, interior design, and much more.
- Being in love with our work is always the key to achieving better results. Are you in love with your job? What do you love the most about being an interior designer?
- Of course I am in love with my work and I always invest a part of my soul, otherwise, it would be impossible to get a decent result: beautiful interior and happy customers.
see also: Is the Battle of Issus chess set the most expensive of the world?
- Do you have a favorite project or a favorite story behind one of your projects?
- My latest project belongs to the most beloved ones – it’s a beautiful love story between two cosmopolitans. The interior was created for the girl, who lives and works in Moscow and her boyfriend residing in New York. They are united by Kyiv because they were both born here and that’s where they decided to buy their first common property. The interior turned out to be so cosmopolitan – not strapped to any particular place – that the noise behind the windows could recall the sounds from New York or Moscow streets.
- How important is a good chemistry between you and your clients in order to achieve better results?
- Without a mutual understanding between the client and the designer, it would not be possible to create a space with such a beautiful story. The harmonious interior is always a result of collaboration between the designer and the customer. Both must always row in the same direction and be able to understand each other by all means. It is always a partnership based on respect and trust.
- How would you describe your style? Do you have any personal signature?
– I am working in different styles and areas – everything depends on the client’s wishes and my own vision. But I guess my “signature” is always recognizable in my projects by specific characteristics, such as sophisticated and “airy” interiors, delicate work with colors, textiles, and details.
- Choosing the right piece for a design set might seem an easy task. However, it takes a lot of time and attention to find the perfect match. Which piece of advice can you give for those who do not know how to start a challenge like this?
– I usually draw a picture of the interior and design objects, and then I do a collage on my phone, using the application Layout. With these simple tools, you can immediately see whether a certain item is suitable to your interior or not. I also advise you to trust your intuition more. The objects, that are selected intuitively, are often perfectly compatible with the rest of the decoration. You should not be afraid to mix things and put some color in the interior. Try to look at the process of interior transformation as a game, and you’ll then see how beautiful the result can be.
See also: Inkless Pen writes forever in Style.
- Why did you choose DelightFULL lamps to be featured in the last project?
– The Floor lamp Stanley by DelightFULL in my recent project was the necessary key element, which linked the whole interior stylistically. He added an American feeling to the interior and due to its geometric shape, it emphasized the space in the apartment.
CovetED Exclusive interview with Yana Molodsova
If you love our articles, please, follow us and subscribe CovetED! The Ultimate Collector’s Luxury & Design Magazine.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google plus |