The Luxury Design & Craftsmanship Summit 2019 is almost here! From 26-27 June, the Pavilhão Multiusos de Gondomar, designed by the Pritzker...
Be inspired by interior designer Steven GambrelMonday 1 June 2015
Steven Gambrel is an influential interior designer and he specializes in residential, commercial commissions and custom product and furnishings. He is also an owner and founder of S.R. Gambrel, Inc.
This interior designer and architect has a degree in architecture from the University of Virginia. Steven has been recognized for his endless dedication to creating highly customized interiors and architectural details for each project. He draws inspiration from vernacular architectural details of the particular region of each commission. Steven subscribes to the importance of properly proportioned structures and details, partnered always with a carefully curated collection of vintage, antique, and custom furniture designed by Steven himself.
S.R. Gambrel works:
– residential commissions – renovation of a cabaret in New York’s historic West Village, projects in and around Manhattan, the Hamptons, Zurich, and Hong Kong;
– commercial spaces sole designer for the Town and Country showhouse at the Setai in Manhattan. Steven’s projects in New York City, Vail, Miami, Virginia, Zurich, Hong Kong, and beyond have won him a diverse and devoted clientele.
– sole designer for the Town and Country showhouse at the Setai in Manhattan
– collaboration custom lighting line Urban Electric Company
– Lacquer Company collaboration designing a custom accessories line
– In 2011 Steven himself established a product with Waterworks known as Grove Brickworks
Steven’s projects in New York City, Vail, Miami, Virginia, Zurich, Hong Kong, and beyond have won him a diverse and devoted clientele.
UpTown Ballroom Apartment – interior design by Steven Gambrel
Wainscott House – interior design by Steven Gambrel
Collaboration custom lighting line Urban Electric Company
Lacquer Company collaboration designing a custom accessories line
Flatiron District Apartment – interior design project by Steven Gambrel
Most recently, Steven Gambrel has launched the new custom furniture resource website, Dering Hall, in his capacity as a founding partner.
S.R. Gambrel’s work is featured consistently in the world’s leading publications, including World of Interiors, Architectural Digest, House and Garden, Town and Country, House Beautiful, New York Magazine, the New York Times, and Elle Décor. S.R. Gambrel, Inc. was most recently honored as one of “today’s greatest talents in Architecture and Design”, in Architectural Digest’s “AD 100” January 2012 issue.
Steven Gambrel’s first book, entitled Time and Place, were released by Abrams in March, 2012.
With beautiful projects by Steven Gambrel company’s like these ones that Covet Edition choose you have a confession to make: you really want them to decorate your entire house!
See more of Coveted: Covet Edition’s gallery
Get social * Follow us