The Luxury Design & Craftsmanship Summit 2019 is almost here! From 26-27 June, the Pavilhão Multiusos de Gondomar, designed by the Pritzker...
Covet International Awards’ Submission Deadline Has Been ExtendedTuesday 2 October 2018
Covet International Awards’ Submission Deadline Has Been Extended ⇒ First and foremost, let’s explain the essence of the Covet International Awards. The exceptional awards are sponsored by the renowned design entity, Covet House and have the main purpose of distinguishing interior design projects that elevate design and craftsmanship. While the deadline for submissions was set to conclude last month, the organizer has opted to extend the period of time where designers and students from all over the world can submit their projects, and entries will only close on 15th of December. Today, CovetED will remind about the advantages of participating in such initiative.
Covet House is looking for projects that value the fine arts & crafts at a 2.0 level, resulting in luxurious, functional and individual spaces that get their richness from reviving ancient arts and crafts.
The Covet International Awards will be comprised by a series of categories, awarding one winning project in each. Categories include living rooms, dining rooms, entryways, bedrooms, bathrooms, office, full residential projects, luxury hotels, boutique hotels, luxury eco resorts, beach hotels, mountain & ski hotels, spa hotels, city hotels, restaurants, fashion stores, bookstores, jewellery stores, art galleries, design showrooms, sustainable design, and a few others.
In addition, the awards seek to also honour a Thinker of the Year (a person behind a luxury brand that has successfully promoted craftsmanship) and a Maker of the Year (craftsperson who created the most coveting product in 2018). Both of these categories will be made by the public after a curated selection by Covet House’s designers.
Benefits from Submitting Your Project
- The Best Project of 2018 will have access to a $3000 worth voucher from Amazon
- The overall winner will have Access to a twenty-eight square meter booth at the January edition of Maison et Objet 2020. Set and logistics will be offered and the recipient will have the opportunity to Showcase their signature style in a creative and welcoming ambience.
- All winners will present their project at the Covet International Awards gala in Paris (January 2019), taking place during the 2nd edition of the Luxury Design & Craftsmanship Summit. Here, one can find an interesting audience of press, thinkers, makers and opinion leaders from the industry
- Furthermore, the winning submitted projects and its respective creators will have an exclusive article in CovetED Magazine and Best Interior Designers as well as an exclusive interview, which will be published on CovetED’s printed and online versions.
- In the issue of January 2019, CovetED will present seven different covers in reference to the winning projects. This issue will be distributed in newsstands, luxury hotels, deluxe airport lounges and private clubs. Winners will also be featured in the first volume of the book Covet International Awards to be sold worldwide in June 2019 and a press release will be sent to an international audience of 10,000 worthy contacts.
- All winning projects will be featured in Covet International Awards Vol. I book, which will be sold on bookstores worldwide from June 2019.
- A press release featuring all winning projects will be sent to an international database of more than 10,000 top press contacts
- A Special Trophy designed by a renowned designer will grant international recognition during the January 2019 gala in Paris.
All projects submitted will be evaluated according to how much Crafts are rooted in the design process. The concept, creativity, use of space, impact of materials are other guidelines of the Jury. Projects must have been completed in 2018, and they can either be new constructions or remodels. COVET INTERNATIONAL AWARDS jury committee of renowned designers and design associations, as well as editors in chief from top magazines, will assess one project per designer or team, however, the same project can be submitted in several categories. Click below to learn about how you can submit your project!
♦ FREE Download CovetED Magazine 11th Issue ♦
♦♦ Feel free to share your thoughts in this article and come celebrate design with us! For more trends and information follow and subscribe to CovetED Magazine! Follow us on our social networks: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google plus | Linked In ♦♦
Source: Covet International Awards